Can I make Reservations or have Guaranteed Seating?
Canaan Baptist Church of Christ does not take reservations. While we try to accommodate visitors, Seating is not Guaranteed.
Is there a dress code for service?
- Sunday service attire may be casual, but should be modest.
Can I bring a backpack into the Church Worship service?
- There is no coat/bag check available. Due to space and safety concerns, Back packs and Large over sized bags ARE NOT ALLOWED!!
What rules concerning Cell phones?
- Cell phones are allowed, but must be muted or turned off during service.
- Please do not make or take calls in the Sanctuary.
Are photographs and videotaping allowed?
- Photographs and videotaping service are not allowed. Only official Canaan photographers and videographers are permitted.
Is it alright if I leave my valuables at my seat while I walk around for the offering?
- It is strongly suggested that you keep valuables with you at all times.
Is food allowed in the church?
- No. Please consume food and beverages before entering the Church. While water fountains are available, do not take cups back to your seat.
Can I purchase a CD of the service?
At this time we do not have a store. We can sell a CD of a previous service, OR you can place an order.
WE DO NOT SELL CD'S OUTSIDE OF THE CHURCH
How do I donate to the church?
* Please visit our donation page for detailed information about donations.
Who should I make my donation check to?
- Checks and money orders should be written to Canaan Baptist Church of Christ. Please indicate which mission you'd like your gift to benefit ( Capital Improvement Campaign Fund, Senior Center, World Missions or General Operating Fund. For tithing - include tithing number)
Can I give my donation to someone in the lobby?
- No, donations during services should be placed in an offering plate.
Can I mail a donation?
- Donations can be mailed to:
Canaan Baptist Church of Christ
132 West 116th Street
NY, NY 10026
Does Canaan accept Euros?
- No, Canaan only accepts US dollars.